Area Sales Manager - Deluxe Payroll
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
This role is REMOTE, with a preference based in the NE or SE United States.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for new client revenue for Deluxe Payroll Services by converting prospects to engage Deluxe Payroll as the payroll service provider of choice. Working within as assigned territory, the Senior Area Sales Manager creates a prospect funnel using various methods (networking, referrals, marketing campaigns among others), communicates Deluxe Payroll value proposition to prospects and attains a high close ratio in line with company sales targets.
- Creates a sales strategy to identify and target prospective new customers/partners for Deluxe’s payroll product suite. Executes on this strategy, builds and maintains a healthy and growing funnel of potential opportunities. Manages the funnel to ensure the effective progression of opportunities across the sales cycle and and an acceptable close rate. Provides visibility and transparency of opportunities in the funnel to all relevant key internal stakeholders.
- Drive for results: Using consultative sales technique, analyzes client’s needs & interests, effectively determines which products are appropriate and provides an overview and demonstration of the product. Creates a customer-oriented value proposition. Takes initiative, works independently with a vision of the end state in mind. Motivates self and others to achieve maximum results. Effectively utilizes resources.
- Has a broad understanding of all solutions offered by Deluxe Payroll and is able to effectively articulate the business value of each in ways that resonate with customers. Becomes a Subject Matter Expert possessing and demonstrating in depth knowledge of our suite of products.
- Identifies new customers, partners and opportunities. Builds and utilizes knowledge of current and future industry practices and trends to position Deluxe as a trusted advisor and critical business partner. Prospects for new clients and new referral sources using phone, direct mail, email campaigns, networking groups, current client visits or other local marketing programs as directed by sales management. Attend tradeshows and partner events and build an understanding of the competition and uses competitive analysis approach to prospecting new clients.
- Manage and utilizes relationships with Deluxe Payroll Partners to build on value proposition and increase sales
- Builds effective relationships and collaborates with peers, managers and co-workers across all Deluxe organizations. Openly communicates, provides timely feedback and shares ideas.
- Collect and prepare all required documentation for registrations and capture all data and on going activity in SalesForce.com.
- Ensures effective communication on all levels both verbal and written and ensure feedback among other internal sales staff to facilitate the flow of new innovative ideas and suggestions.
- Provides ongoing communication with clients to ensure smooth transition and gain referrals and testimonials.
- Partners with support staff to ensure new clients Go Live
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and represents Deluxe as in industry leader to competitors, customers, suppliers, professional colleagues and employees.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in Business, Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in B2B Sales, Payroll
- Team player with “whatever it takes to get it done” approach to work
- Above average communicator, proven ability to tailor communication to appropriate audience
- Above average” phone presence”
- Ability to work under tight deadline
- Ability to mentor and coach junior Sales Representatives
- Proven new business acquisition track record.
- Mastery knowledge of Sales principles, practices, tactics and tools and developing value proposition with partners. Demonstrated ability to preserver in face of obstacles. Passionate about growing the business.
- Experience in managing customer relationships
- Resilient, tenacious, able to be constantly prospecting
- Demonstrated ability to use consultative sales techniques and high close ratio
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State payroll and tax laws
- Organized, with sense of urgency
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application suite
- Proven expertise in formulating and executing Sales plans and programs
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: Yes
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More