Print Production Manager
FMCG Direct is the full-service direct marketing agency of Deluxe Corporation. We provide analytics and marketing services that enable our financial services clients to achieve exceptional returns on targeted direct marketing. Our unique capabilities in addressable, omni-channel marketing enable clients to profitably acquire, cross-sell, and retain consumer and business customers with attractive revenue potential.
FMCG Direct is currently seeking a Production Manager who is responsible for all aspects of direct mail print production, print purchasing, and the execution of client direct mail marketing programs. This person will work with clients, suppliers, internal team members, and external stakeholders to ensure projects are purchased and executed in a way that guarantees quality and competitive pricing. The Production Manager will engage clients to gather job requirements and translate requirements into detailed job instructions. This person will select the most appropriate supplier, negotiate costs within defined budgets and timelines for each job, and will ensure that internal procedures are always followed. The Production Manager will confer with clients throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs, and coordinate changes to jobs.
The primary focus of this role will be to deliver exceptional customer service – ensuring adherence by all involved to specified deadlines and budgets. Essential Functions:
• Collaborate daily with clients, internal team members, design agencies, and print vendors
• Naturally build and maintain rapport with clients. Understand each client’s business environment, organization, and strategic objectives to provide prompt, efficient, and personalized service that exceeds expectations
• Drive consensus and gain approval from multiple stakeholders across clients; demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills to move projects forward; achieve buy-in from key decision makers
Print Production Management:
• Manage printing processes to produce the highest quality deliverables within budget and deadline specifications
• Assess project requirements and provide printing/production options (e.g. digital, offset, inline, etc.); estimate timelines and budgets for all print production projects
• Create and maintain all production-related documents,such as creative matrices, production specs, data and print processing instructions, quality guidelines, and production schedules
• Assure accuracy of all print marketing content, including spelling, rates, codes, etc.; meticulously proofread and coordinate revisions from reviewers across multiple departments
• Assure quality and precision when reviewing and approving proofs, live data signoffs, insertion signoffs, and QC pulls
• Attend press checks with or without client and ensure necessary subject matter experts are present to effectively manage process
• Develop knowledge of all methods available for production, along with understanding cost-saving merits of different processes, papers, and materials; advise clients on most economical choices and best alternatives
• Follow USPS mailing standards and rules in preparing estimates for mailed products; advise clients on requirements and alternatives to meet standards
• Negotiate and secure estimates from outside suppliers to ensure competitive prices; revise estimates as needed due to specification changes
• Keep client estimates updated and secure appropriate client authorization throughout the course of projects
• Efficiently organize, monitor, and manage costs (from estimates through actuals); author client invoices and process vendor invoices once jobs are complete
Additional Work Requirements:
• Knowledge of direct mail and USPS regulations is an asset
• Must be able to work overnight and on weekends when needed
• Travel to print vendors required (>30%)
Education and Experience: Bachelors and 5 years or HS/GED and 9 years
3 years of management
Experience with Microsoft Office, Project Management experience.
Print production experience and working with clients.
Experience working with large companies in heavy client facing environments
Education: Bachelors in Print Management
Experience: 8 year in Print Management
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of direct mail and USPS regulations
Ability to identify, interpret and prioritize business requests.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Prior print management experience preferred
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Deluxe is a federal government contractor, as well as a subcontractor to federal government contractors. As such, consistent with President Biden’s recent Executive Order, Deluxe has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November 15, 2021 requiring COVID 19 vaccinations for all US new hires. We are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors and the community at large. For this position, candidates must be fully vaccinated or have been granted an exemption as an accommodation for a disability or a sincerely held religious belief. All disability and religious accommodation requests must be submitted to Employee Relations at the time of acceptance of an offer and prior to a candidate’s start date.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: Business Operations
Time Type: Full time
Work Status: Permanent
Company NameDeluxe Corporation
Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.