QA Engineer - Senior Automation
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
This position is responsible for developing software and system testing as part of the automation team. Works closely with the Product Development team to analyze requirements and test cases to gather the information needed to automate scenarios and test cases, as well as being responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining the code base. This person will working closely with the Automation Architect to research, modify and maintain test frameworks, tools and coding standards, as well as collaborate with members of DevOps to setup, create, and integrate Continuous Integreation across Deluxe.
- Develop automated tests within a TestNG Framework with Java inspired by the "Agile Testing Pyramid" using object-oriented design principles, design patterns, and refactoring techniques to create readable, resilient and maintainable code.
- Use critical thinking, problem solving, and advanced debugging techniques when troubleshooting and regularly maintaining code.
- Partner with your team and the Automation Architect to improve automation standards, process, patterns, and use of testing framework.
- Develop automated tests for UI applications using Selenium Webdriver. Equivalent test frameworks and tools will be considered (For example, Appium, Robot Framework, etc.)
- Develop automated tests for WebServices using RestAssured. Equivalent test frameworks and tools will be considered (For example, Postman, SoupUI, etc.)
- Engineer and develop tests within the IntelliJ IDE. Experience with Visual Studio or Eclipse will also be considered.
- Drive research and integrating of new libraries, concepts, tools, and process to help expand automation capabilities.
- Maintain a healthy code environment, by utilizing industry-standard code management and version control software (For example, SourceTree, Bitbucket, Git)
- Regularly conduct code reviews and follow defined coding standards to ensure quality of automation deliverables.
- Collaborate with DevOps to create the integrate Continuous Integration testing jobs using Jenkins with ANT and Ivy. Equivalent CI and build tools will be considered. (For example, TeamCity, Maven, Grade).
- Work closely with technical and non-technical people across various product development teams to advance automated testing coverage.
- Demo automation testing progress to Product Development stakeholders to show progress in test automation and grow the value of automation to quality engineering.
- Use leadership and emotional intelligence skills to help train and grow other Quality Engineers about automation, our practices, and development techniques.
Required: • Bachelors degree (or equivalent) Computer Science or related field
• 6 years of test automation development experience (can be a combination of work, internship and coursework)
• Proficient with a TestNG framework with Java, and Selenium Webdriver (Equivalent frameworks, tools and languages will be considered.)
• Advanced knowledge of object-oriented design principles, design patterns, and refactoring techniques to create readable, resilient, and maintainable code.
• Experienced debugger with innovative techniques to troubleshoot code, and regularly report on test results.
•Knowledge of the principles behind the “agile testing pyramid” to create a balanced portfolio of automated tests for different layers of applications beyond the UI.
• Leadership and emotional intelligence skills to help train and grow other Quality Engineers about automation, our practices, and development techniques.
•Self-starter with ability and drive to integrate new libraries, concepts, and process to help expand automation capabilities.
• Experience with Jenkins as a continuous integration tool, or equivalent experience with similar CI tool.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Department: Product Development
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Senior
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More