Quality Engineer - Associate
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Quality Engineering team delivers innovative, high quality solutions. As a Quality Engineer - Associate, you are an unwavering advocate for quality and your customer. You stand in the role of our customers in the practical use of our products; You are a reputational gatekeeper for Deluxe; You are a master of the Quality Engineering craft; You are an advocate for elegance in our solutions. You have a growth mindset, and with creativity, courage and grit, you discover better ways. You thrive on technical challenges and finding ways to optimize processes and drive efficiency. You work collaboratively and bring Agile test proficiency through manual exploratory testing and automated testing.
- Understanding of the Why and How of Agile software development, and beginner experience in Scrum, Kanban and other Agile methodologies. Collaborative mindset and ability to blur the lines between functional roles on the team, shifting Quality left and right and catalyzing change to optimize process efficiency.
- Actively participates in all Agile ceremonies, partnering with SW Engineers and Business Analysts to develop thorough story requirements, estimates, and analyze risks. Drives self and engages with others to achieve high quality results, emphasizing defect prevention and expedited delivery of product functionality.
- Analytical and detail-oriented, with demonstrable ability to create step-by-step test cases that provide comprehensive functional, integration, and regression testing against assigned application(s).
- Technical expertise using tools that cover API and Web Services testing, Security, Performance/Load testing, Database queries and data manipulation.
- Independently discover and manages defects encountered during testing. Able to work through ambiguity to determine root cause of issues, and works with business and engineering partners to strategize against recurrence.
- Understands engineering techniques that support testing and drive Quality, such as Exploratory testing and Pairing, and is familiar with using tools that support these techniques.
- Academic or work experience with object-oriented coding languages and how to create, utilize and interact with various types of objects and variables.
- Holds awareness with workflow and DevOps tools that support code builds, continuous inspection and deployment toward CI/CD, including Jenkins, Bitbucket, GIT, SourceTree, Docker containers, SonarQube, etc.
- Understands the value of test automation and has interacted with page-object model test frameworks such as Selenium or similar tools for UI test automation.
- Possesses a growth mindset and is aware of personal strengths and challenges, constantly seeking ways to capitalize on strengths and share them with others. Continually works to improve interpersonal and technical skills, and is committed to introspection and being a lifelong learner.
- Successfully able to deal with multiple personality types and communicates equally well through verbal and written channels with both technical and non-technical audiences. Collaborates on an inter- and intra-team level, holding self and others accountable to high performance standards.
- Maintains awareness of Agile and QE trends within the industry, demonstrates out-of-the-box thinking and provides creative thought leadership to appropriately challenge the status quo and drive continuous Quality improvement.
Required: Education: Bachelors (or equivalent experience) in computer science or engineering
Experience: 1-3 years of quality engineering experience, which can include relevant internship
Critical Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- High attention to detail, ability to deal with ambiguity, resolve problems.
- Self-motivated, ability to manage time constraints and multiple concurrent priorities.
- Results-driven, appropriate sense of urgency and “do what it takes” resolve to meet commitments.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly and retain/build on previous information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Growth mindset, committed to introspection and continual learning and self-improvement.
- Ability to build and foster productive working relationships and build trust within team.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Department: Product Development
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Entry Level
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More