Senior Data Engineer - Hybrid
Now is your chance to join an organization that drives change. We’re a company that’s consistently on top employer lists. Deluxe is hiring immediately for our Senior Data Engineer role.
Why join us:
There is a reason we boast numerous awards like “Great Place To Work Certified” and “Best Place To Work” For Moms, Dads, LGBTQ, and VETS (just to name a few).
At Deluxe, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people, so we offer the typical benefits (Health, Dental, PTO, and 401K) PLUS: Volunteer time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- A culture that keeps people. 42% of our team has been here over 10 years. When we asked our team why, we heard “the people”, benefits, family/home time, diversity, and team culture.
- This is a hybrid role that provides flexibility to work from home/remote several days per week.
- We believe our people drive our success and growth, so we back that up with employee stock grants. Every person at Deluxe is an owner!
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for developing solutions to acquire, curate and make available enterprise data assets to be used for analytic purposes. This role requires a high level of collaboration with organizations across Deluxe including Marketing, Product Management, and Data Science. This person may perform tasks across the lifecycle of a product from design, development, testing and implementation through ongoing support and operations.
- Designs, develops, and implements data projects and technical solutions in support of business intelligence and analytic capabilities. Translates business requirements into innovative technical solutions. Works closely with business teams and various data domains to understand how to design connected data solutions to enable analytics.
- Heavy emphasis on automation, continuous process improvement, reusability and streamlining data ingestion and curation processes.
- Provide ongoing operations and support for production systems to meet defined SLA’s
- Research modern technologies to solve unique challenges and defines standards and best practices for business intelligence and analytic solutions.
- Partner with internal and external resources to solve business needs
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s and 6 years experience or HS/GED and 8 years experience
- Experience in developing and supporting data ingestion solutions for Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms.
- Experience with data pipeline management frameworks on cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with ETL data ingestion framework/tool (e.g. AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Google Data Fusion or SSIS)
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. SQL, C#, Python or PySpark)
- Experience with source control (e.g. GIT, Bitbucket, Beanstalk, Subversion, Codecommit)
- Experience with software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, etc)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
Experience: 5 years of data ingestion and pipeline management
- Familiarity with Python, R scripting and IDEs like Jupyter notebook, RStudio
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerization tools
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Bash or Powershell
- Experience working with defect or incident tracking software (Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc)
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse or Data Lake design
- Familiarity with analytic reporting tools like Cognos, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS data solutions
- Familiarity with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Familiarity with data access control and management tools.
- Familiarity with Apache Hadoop, Hive, Impala etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Graph databases like Neo4j, Amazon Neptune etc.
- Application/Web development or API Development
- Experience building out or maintaining a metadata platform
- Strong technical writing skills and experience with Confluence, Vision, Draw.io, Swagger, PDoc3
- Strong problem solving, numerical and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Be technically curious
- Experience/desire to coach junior developers
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Type: Full time
Company NameDeluxe Corporation
Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.
Meet Your Recruiter