Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer develops new features, offerings, and enhancements for the Deluxe eChecks SaaS solution through partnerships with executive leadership, product managers, and other software engineers.
- Participate in discussions regarding new product development and product enhancements
- Develop estimates for stories, bugs and tasks.
- Drive best practices, toolsets and common design patters within the Web service and Ruby solution stack
- Leads and/or participates in backlog grooming, planning, and other agile planning activities
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
Education: Bachelors (or equivalent) in computer science or related field
Experience: 6+ years of hands hand development and full life cycle design
- Experience with git
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap, SCSS and CSS
- Experience with JSON and/or XML-based remote request frameworks.
- Experience within an agile scrum framework
- Experience with common data exchange formats and approaches
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal for technical and non-technical audiences.
- High attention to detail and problem resolution.
- High degree of proficiency with relational databases
- Experience with cloud technology, especially AWS
- Passionate about automated testing and rock solid code
- Passionate about learning and technology
- Consistently writes code as a matter of pride.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Department: Information Technology
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More