Senior Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
This position is primarily responsible for software development as a member of a project team. This position is responsible for working closely with subject matter experts, quality analysts and others to design, develop and test software solutions to business problems by performing the following duties.
- Designs and develops technical solutions from business requirements.
- Works closely with Manager, Director, Tech Lead and other project members as necessary as well as on their own initiatives where appropriate.
- Develops code including unit tests, appropriately employing object-oriented design methods and patterns while following industry standards.
- Works with appropriate technology teams in analysis, troubleshooting, communication and prioritization of system-related issues.
- Solves problems of considerable scope and complexity.
- Performs full stack software development including designing, documenting, coding and deploying new features and defects with little supervision.
- Provides engineering thought leadership for the development team. Reviews and analyzes others’ work, giving appropriate assistance and constructive feedback.
- Provides business user support and assistance.
- Participates in discussions regarding new product development and product enhancements.
- Coordinates and estimates complexity of a problem and effort it will take to implement and breakdown large features into smaller manageable features.
- Responsible for overall application framework and architecture.
- Demonstrates continuous advancement of job knowledge by keeping up with changes in technology and their application to our business by participating in educational opportunities as well as self-guided learning.
Required: Education: Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
Experience: 3+ years of relevant experience
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Full Stack experience
- Backend Experience with Java, Spring, SQL Server (or any database)
- Frontend experience with JS frameworks (ReactJs), SASS, CSS.
- Highly motivated and influential in a teamwork environment; accountable to commitments.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Department: Product Development
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More