Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for recommending solution options, mentoring of more junior software engineers, technical design, development, and support of technology projects. Works under the direction of a Development Manager and works closely with Project Managers, IT Business Analysts, Architects, Developers, Testers and infrastructure to effectively contribute to the technology solutions for a project.
- Develops & unit tests software solutions by studying information needs, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigates areas of uncertainty; follows and promotes the software development lifecycle.
- Works closely with other IT groups and customers to define technical deliverables based on customer needs and objectives utilizing Deluxe standards and industry best practices
- Has an advanced understanding of business complexities, problems, and opportunities and works with business partners to formulate and make technical recommendation options.
- Participates in reviewing Business requirements, creates Detailed Design documentation and other configuration and deployment documentation
- Responsible for ensuring that detailed documentation, support knowledge xfer, configuration and support process are provided and maintained
- Must enjoy learning new technology
- Ability to formulate and make technical recommendation options by understanding business complexities, problems, and opportunities
Education and Experience: Bachelors and 3 years or HS/GED and 7 years
- 3+ years of SW Engineering/Development using a modern web development language (eg: .NET, Java, Ruby, or Node JS)
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- 2+ years experience with RESTful APIs design and implementation experience
- 3+ years experience with MySQL, SQL (SQL Server) or another RDBMS
- 2+ years experience with automated testing, Test or Behavior Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of .NET Core experience
- 2+ years experience with ASP.NET Core or ASP.NET WebApi
- 2+ years of experience with xUnit, Moq or other unit test and mock frameworks in a .NET environment
- 1+ years of Node backend experience
- 1+ years of Docker experience
- 1+ years of Jenkins CI/CD experience
- 1+ years of Microservice design experience with REST, DDD and CQRS
- 1+ years of AWS or Azure cloud platforms
- 1+ years of Message Queue like Amazon SQS, Azure Service Bus or RabbitMQ
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Type:Full time
Department: IT Architecture & Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Work Status: Permanent
Company NameDeluxe Small Business Sales Inc
Meet Your Recruiter