Account Development Executive I
Location: Brainerd, Minnesota
The Account Development Executive is responsible for maximizing Deluxe’s wallet share inside our defined verticals. He or she is accountable for growing revenues within organizations through effective account planning and the demonstration of strategic selling skills.
An Account Development Executive will be responsible for a smaller regional accounts, and as such will work with vertical specialists to grow vertical market share with current clients, and vertically aligned new business.
- Business Acumen: Adept at identifying and exploiting new opportunities within a customer's structure. Effectively and quickly uncovers and manages new business opportunities. Actively demonstrates knowledge of competition to proactively position Range against competitive forces.
- Drive for Results: Consistently demonstrates a passion for growing the business. Develops and executes against the plan, adjusting as appropriate or as the business climate dictates. Takes initiative to work independently with a vision of the end state in mind. Motivates self and others to achieve maximum results. Effectively utilizes resources. Perseveres in the face of obstacles.
- Marketing Solutions Expertise: Adept at translating customer specifications and requirements associated with customer marketing plans into concrete deliverables for the customer. Outwardly conveys confidence and enthusiasm about the service capabilities of Deluxe. Demonstrates a strong understanding of the marketing technologies and capabilities associated with Deluxe. Establishes clear linkage between services/technologies and business needs.
- Planning: Defines and prioritizes account that maximize Range’s likelihood of success, revenue and profit. Focuses on promoting the solutions which meet the specific needs of each customer.
- Communication: Actively investigates the clients needs through effective questioning and listening skills. Develops and delivers clear and concise presentations with enthusiasm and passion that demonstrate knowledge of the business product and/or services. Proficient in clear and concise written communication, both with internal and external business partners.
- Solution Knowledge: Has a broad understanding of all solutions offered by Deluxe while maintaining expertise in marketing solutions and is able to effectively articulate the business value of each in ways that resonate with customers. Able to effectively engage solution specialists in ways that best serve the interests of customers.
- Quoting- Ability to transfer customer requested specifications to the estimating team in order to provide customer with an attractive quote. Make recommendations on how to best utilize Deluxe capabilites that better fit customer requests.
- Experience selling to large companies and client mapping: Understands and effectively maneuvers through the politics associated with competitive bids and existing vendor relationships. Able to address the complexities associated with the decision-making process. Differentiates between supporters and detractors and appropriately addresses each.
- Relationships: Builds effective relationships and collaborates with peers, managers and co-workers across all Deluxe organizations. Openly communicates, provides timely feedback and shares ideas. Works closely with vertical specialist to execute goals as established in sales process.
- Processes & Training: Efficiently submit project requirements to account manager, web services, and MOD support teams. Understand requirements and follow defined processes to execute.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
- Bachelors in Sales or Marketing (or equivalent experience)
- 1-3 years of experience with Marketing firms, ad agencies, print brokerages, print resellers, printing companies, direct sales to large accounts
- Proven leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong consultative sales coaching/training skills; sales expertise/knowledge critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data and results, identify trends and create plans for improvement.
- Must be computer literate and have strong MS Office skills (Word/Powerpoint/Excel).
- CRM experience- Saleforce.com preferred
- Strong Account Management skills. Ability to create strategies and plans to maximize sales and retention performance of managed accounts.
- Proven sales and marketing expertise.
- Knowledge of Deluxe, it’s product lines and the business to business market desirable.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Remote Work Location: Yes
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More