Bilingual Payroll Specialist
Req ID: 200279WD
Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.
The Associate Payroll Specialist is a payroll professional with a general understanding of both Canadian payroll legislation and the NEBS PAYweb.ca software product and related service offerings. The Specialist is the client’s primary service contact, responding to the client’s questions and inquiries via e-mail, chat and incoming calls to the call center in a professional and timely manner assuming full responsibility for problem resolution.
* Provide Best in Class customer service to PAYweb.ca customers to ensure we maintain our customer satisfaction standards.
* Respond to external client inquiries via phone, chat, and email in a professional and timely manner and assume full responsibility for “one-call” resolution.
* Help customers remain payroll compliant and provide applicable payroll compliance information. When applicable direct customers to the appropriate government resources.
* Ensure that client payrolls are processed and completed in a timely and accurate fashion in order to meet scheduled employee pay dates.
Basic Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated competency to provide one call problem resolution to external clients in a call Center environment with consistent high levels of service
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and resolve issues
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, both internally and externally.
- Strong and accurate data input skills.
- Fluency in English and French, written and verbal
- A proven ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with MS Office products including Excel and Word.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated with a commitment to working in a team environment as well as independently to meet deadlines and company objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- General to Intermediate knowledge of Canadian Payroll Legislation and practices.
- General level knowledge of the PAYweb.ca software product and related services.
- General to Intermediate knowledge multiple province payroll requirements
- General to Intermediate knowledge of Canadian Employment Standards Legislation in all provinces.
- A general knowledge of Records of Employment.
- A general understanding of payroll year end procedures.
- Experience with the IBM i-series operating system (preferred but not required).
AODA:Deluxe Corporation and Deluxe companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with any part of the application or hiring process, please contact us at DeluxeCareers@deluxe.com.
Department: Customer Service
Time Type: Full time
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe, employee development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More