Jr. Systems Administrator - Small Business
Location: Foothill Ranch, California
The Junior Systems Administrator (JSA) will be assisting with the provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The JSA will work with multiple platforms and environments. The JSA will be accountable for desktop systems and assist with infrastructure and business continuity needs. Must be able to work independently and/or on a team and be willing to interact with other group members and users at all levels of the organization.
- Administer and maintain systems support for software, hardware and servers: test, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve various problems that arise.
- Help desk support - provide technical support and guidance and work with the necessary teams or vendors to resolve phone, user, and/or system problems.
- First point of contact for setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of product pricing and subsidy structures.
- Management of third party relationships that provide data services. Responsible for keeping records of contracts and renewal dates. First point of contact for any data related issues provided by third parties.
- Have a broad understanding of business infrastructure technologies and be the first point of technical contact for day to day support issues.
- Have an understanding of Disaster Recovery/Backup/Restore hardware and software and be able to assist with recovery when needed.
- Research and recommend cost-effective ways to improve IT infrastructure and user experience
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- 2-5 years of experience
- Intermediate Linux and Windows knowledge.
- Install, upgrade, patch, configure and utilize technologies such as VMWare vSphere, Firewalls, VPN, Active Directory, Contanerization (Docker preferrred), MySQL, SQL Server.
- Intermediate knowledge Networking equipment and understanding of LAN/WAN environments and protocols (IP addressing, netmask, DHCP server).
- Ability to see and present “the big picture” and proactively offer appropriate solutions.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments, both from the technical and procedural points of view, ensuring all key aspects are addressed and timelines met.
- Great people skills with excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork ability.
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations, and deal with challenging issues.
- Self-interest to keep abreast with technology and industry best practices.
- Experience managing end-user desktop environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. Ability to convey technical issues and material to non-technical people (end users).
- SAN storage
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Department: Information Technology
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Associate
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More