The Security Engineer primarily performs IT security operations that involve the implementation, operation, maintenance, monitoring of security related platforms, active and passive monitoring of vulnerabilities, incident response, containment, investigative activities, and testing for vulnerabilities as part of the IT Security and Compliance responsibility to identify and mitigate IT risk for the enterprise. Secondarily, the Security Engineer evaluates the selection of appropriate security solutions and provides oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. Additionally, the Security Engineer is expected to interface with peers in the Systems, Network, and Development departments as well as with senior members of the business in order to share the corporate security vision and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of the Information Security Manager and Compliance where appropriate.
• Participate in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures) under the direction of the Information Security Manager and Compliance where appropriate.
• Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, under the direction of the Information Security Manager and Compliance, where appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Oversee the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
• Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise’s existing procurement processes.
• Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
• Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or HS Diploma/GED and 7 years related experience
• One or more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA CySA+
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- (ISC)2 SCCP
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Department: IT Architecture & Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Shift Type: First Shift (United States of America)
Work Status: Permanent
Company NameFirst American Payments Systems, L.P.
Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.
Meet Your Recruiter