FA Software Developer IV
The Software Developer IV role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Software Developer IV will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
• Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Development and maintenance of business critical applications and reports.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
Education and Experience: Bachelors in computer science, information systems, or software engineer and 5 years of software development experience or HS/GED and 9 years
• Experience in developing and consuming APIs.
• Understanding of Internet Information Services (IIS), application deployment methodologies, source control & versioning, and Visual Basic (VB)
• Understanding of Change Control methodologies.
• Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
• Extensive relational database and operating systems experience.
• Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
Education and Experience: Bachelors in computer science, information systems, or software engineer and 5 years of software development experience
Experience in finance is highly desired.
• Ability to work with business software users.
• Ability to communicate with users of varied skill levels to create requirements documents.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: IT Architecture & Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Work Status: Permanent
Company NameFirst American Payments Systems, L.P.
Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.
Meet Your Recruiter