Senior Java DeveloperLocation: Groton, Massachusetts Apply Now
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces supporting back end platforms and services.
- Defines solution objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Ability to work with diverse systems, teams, and methodologies
- Works with team leads and architecture to ensure solutions adhere to architectural principles.
- Understanding of modernization strategies
- Uses automation and testing methodologies to ensure software quality
- Uses their understanding of J2EE concepts ensuring flexibility, simplicity, and loosely coupled designs
- Assists in the conversion of legacy Java applications and development of new services and integration strategies
- Has an advanced understanding of business complexities, problems or opportunities & applies leading knowledge, skills, & experiences to successfully manage project cost, schedule, and scope.
- Under general direction, identifies group level challenges and recommends solutions. Solves difficult business problems through both effective use of financial and technology management while utilizing human resource management.
- Has the courage to explore new or improved capabilities. Accepts feedback from supervisors and peers and learns from failures. Expresses thoughts and opinions in a productive manner about improvements in capabilities. Instills confidence in junior and senior members of the team.
- Is highly effective in interacting with peers, teams, business partners, and management to influence and drive business decisions. Utilizes proper latitude and autonomy.
Required: - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 6+ years of equivalent work experience in IT
- 6-8 years of experience
- 4-6 years with a Master’s degree
- 6+ years developer experience with J2EE, JDK 1.8 +
- Experience with Software development lifecycle, build automation tools, test suites and practices
- WebSphere Liberty, JBoss experience
- Expertise with web services (SOAP/REST)
- Familiarity with Cloud architectures and methodologies
- Be Candid But Authentic & Sincere: Speak openly but professionally
- Be Intellectually Curious: Ask good questions, listen & understand, be prepared
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Department: Information Technology
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Mid-Senior
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
- Marketing Specialist - eCommerce Groton, Massachusetts Deluxe is seeking a seasoned Senior Strategist - Paid Search with a proven track record of success in developing and managing Paid Search and Online M
- Inbound Sales Representative Groton, Massachusetts Are you looking for a job that pays an hourly wage + commission, that allows for a Monday-Friday schedule and provides full benefits, paid holidays an