Customer Service Rep - Tier II
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
The Customer Service Rep II is the primary point of contact for a variety of customer inquiries and concerns. Connects and engages customers by asking questions and identifying opportunities to solve their business challenges through products/services offered by Deluxe. Ensures a balance between customer satisfaction, retention and company profitability.
- Communicates effectively with customers utilizing current customer experience expectations in handling a variety of unique customer inquiries/escalations received via phone, mail, internet / chat and fax.
- Independently uses judgment and decision making skills to interpret issues/concerns to provide timely, effective and professional resolutions to a variety of customer inquiries.
- Administers and negotiates actions where necessary to resolve issues in a way that ensures customer satisfaction and retention while maintaining company profitability.
- Provides appropriate responses on customer concerns including overcoming objections when necessary. Escalates and communicates issues effectively by providing feedback.
- Utilizes established processes and tools to ensure timely effective verbal / written communications
- and accuracy on all transactions.
- Consistent use of current sales approach promoting other products and services within every customer interaction.
- Works with functional experts to fulfill customer orders when needed.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
Start date: September 16, 2019
- High School (or equivalent)
- 1 or more years of Sales, Retail, or Customer Service experience
- Exceptional customer experience with demonstrated capability in resolving customer concerns under general supervision using company policies and procedures.
- Strong verbal communication and effective listening skills with the ability to identify verbal and non-verbal cues and adapt approach to the customer.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Process focused and detail oriented with the ability to achieve high accuracy goals.
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to multi-task while effectively navigating across multiple PC order systems / technology platforms / web browsing while communicating with the customer. Ability to operate in a Windows environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency of systems, product knowledge and understanding of customer service policies/procedures/processes.
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly structured work environment including adherence to attendance and performance requirements.
- Ability to work schedules based upon business needs.
- Demonstrates ability to support and participate in a positive work environment by adhering to Deluxe Values and complying with policies, procedures and safety rules.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Department: Customer Care/Contact Center
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Entry Level
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More