We are moving to a new recruitment system! To apply for any current positions, you will need to create a NEW username and password.
Gietz Foil Press Operator
Req ID: 14560BR
Deluxe is a trusted, technology-enabled solutions provider for enterprises, small businesses and financial institutions offering a range of solutions to help customers manage and grow their businesses. Approximately 4.8 million small business customers access Deluxe's wide range of products and services, including incorporation services, logo design, website development and hosting, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and payroll services along with customized checks and forms. For our approximately 4,600 financial institution customers, Deluxe offers industry-leading programs in data analytics, customer acquisition and treasury management solutions, fraud prevention and profitability solutions, as well as checks. Deluxe is also a leading provider of checks and accessories sold directly to consumers.
Under general direction from team manager and in conjunction with team members, contribute to company quality and service commitments by operating equipment, such as Gietz Foil Presses, multi-color sheet fed or continuous/web presses running mostly custom or base forms work or high speed single color continuous/web presses, Collators and Cutters. Intermediate to advanced manual numbering may be required. Manual setups and changeovers are typically required.
• Perform a complete effective set-up of press in an efficient manner, which may include identifying and loading correct stock, setting correct paper path and stretch, bending and mounting plates, mixing PMS ink, die registration, making appropriate adjustments to the ink and water balance, assuring accurate multi-color register and setting up any attribute functions, e.g. perforations, number, file holes, thermo unit etc.
• Determine and understand all order instructions and running of press productively while, meeting job requirements at a quality level that meets or exceeds our customer’s expectations.
• Maintain the ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns; demonstrate the ability to make adjustments to the equipment including blanket changes, washing up units, cleaning water system and roller settings as required.
• Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance to ensure a quality product to customer as required. Understand all press controls and demonstrate their use
• Maintain knowledge of the press, current printing processes, develop continuous process improvements that support the Lean philosophy and work environment.
• Maintain company quality standards, service levels and customer expectations by meeting or exceeding department/cell goals and customer specifications. Examples may include: maintaining acceptable ink densities, troubleshooting lithographic press settings and willingness to cross train other team members.
• Contribute toward team effectiveness and workflow efficiency by rotating duties as needed.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Support operations and contribute toward team results by performing other production or related jobs as required.
• Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
• High School (or equivalent)
• 1-3 years of printing experience
• Familiar with product, equipment and printing process preferred.
• Familiarity with Lean principles preferred.
• Basic math and reading skills; basic computer knowledge.
• Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Mechanical ability to operate and maintain press as required.
• Team oriented, good communication skills, good organization skills, good problem resolution skills.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Type: Full time
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More