Manufacturing Operator Mid Shift
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
Under general direction from team manager and in conjunction with team members, contribute to company quality and service commitments by operating equipment, such as, Single Color, Sheet Fed or Continuous/Web presses. Runs mostly standard work and basic manual numbering may be required. Automated or basic setups and changeovers may be required.
• Perform a complete set-up of press in an efficient manner, which may include: identifying and loading correct stock, setting correct paper path and stretch, mounting plates, die registration, making appropriate adjustments to the ink and water levels, assuring accurate single-color register and setting up any attribute functions, e.g. perforations, number, file holes, thermo unit, etc.
• Determine and understand all order instructions and running of press productively while, meeting job requirements of ink density, ink and water balance, color matching, and required attributes at a quality level that meets or exceeds our customer’s expectations.
• Maintain the ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns; demonstrate the ability to make adjustments to the equipment including blanket changes, wash up units, cleaning water system and roller settings as required.
• Perform daily, weekly, and monthly preventative maintenance and cleaning to ensure a quality product to customer as required. Understand all press controls and demonstrate their use.
• Maintain knowledge of the press, current printing processes and develop continuous process improvements that support the Lean philosophy and work environment.
• Maintain company quality standards, service levels and customer expectations by meeting or exceeding department/cell goals and customer specifications. Examples may include: maintaining acceptable ink densities, troubleshooting lithographic press settings and willingness to cross train other team members.
• Contribute toward team effectiveness and workflow efficiency by rotating duties as needed.
• Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Support operations and contribute toward team results by performing other production or related jobs as required.
• Position may include other duties as determined by the company.
Required: • High School (or equivalent)
• 0-1 years of experience in Printing
• Familiar with product, equipment, printing process and ink usage preferred.
• Basic math and reading skills; basic computer knowledge.
• Ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy; detail oriented; ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Mechanical ability to operate and maintain press as required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Entry Level
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: 2nd shift
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More