Technical Product Owner- DDM
Drive change in an organization that consistently tops "Best Place to Work" lists.
Why join us:
- There is a reason we boast numerous awards like “Great Place to Work Certified” and “Best Place to Work” For Moms, Dads, LGBTQ, and VETS (just to name a few). At Deluxe, we know that great people make a great organization.
- We value our people so offer the typical benefits (401K, PTO, Medical, Dental) PLUS: Flexible time off, volunteer time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, pet bereavement and more!
- A culture that keeps people. 42% of our team has been here over 10 years. When we asked our team why, we heard the people, benefits, family/home time, diversity, and team culture.
- We believe our people drive our success and growth, so we back that up with employee stock grants. Every employee at deluxe is an owner!
The Technical Product Owner ensures that business and user requirements are incorporated into the system. The position includes translating business goals and requirements into technical objectives, ensuring requirements are fully represented through the agile development process by creating epics, stories, and use cases. Throughout development, the Product Owner interfaces with customers, internal users (e.g, data science, audience design), product managers, data engineering, and technology development and demonstrates products to ensure business requirements are fulfilled and usability is confirmed.
Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business owners and end customers to understand and document business requirements, use cases and acceptance criteria.
Represents business owners and customers to development teams on a day-to-day basis.
Seeks to understand what system is required to do and also what it should not do.
Leads the development of business requirements, epics, stories, themes, use cases and acceptance criteria for owned system functions.
Establishes and leads regular sessions and product demonstrations with business leaders and end customers to ensure alignment and appropriate interpretation of requirements.
Updates requirement documents based on outcomes of product demonstrations.
Ensures system usability through usability sessions with end customers; documents result of sessions and adjusts requirements accordingly.
Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product and business strategy.
Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
Work with project managers, architects and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features.
Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s and 5 years or HS/GED and 9 years
- Technical understanding of product and customer requirements
- Experience with collecting quantitative product data and metrics to understand user behavior and
- Experience with Jira and Confluence discovering/evaluating product opportunities
- Experience performing quality assurance controls on product to drive product evolution
- Strong Knowledge of data extraction transformation ( ETL, ELT )
- Experience in Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro, Solr )
- Ability to follow standard software development life cycle processes and participate in code reviews, writing technical documentation, building and executing unit test plans, and software packaging and deployment.
- Experience managing code with unit tests and Git/Subversion
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 8 years of IT experience, 3 in product management or product development.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Target Compensation RangeAnnual Salary: $115,000.00 - $125,000.00
Time Type: Full time
Work Status: Permanent
Company NameDatamyx LLC
Deluxe, a Trusted Payments and Data Company, champions business so communities thrive. Our solutions help businesses pay, get paid, and grow. For more than 100 years, Deluxe customers have relied on our solutions and platforms at all stages of their lifecycle, from start-up to maturity. Our powerful scale supports millions of small businesses, thousands of vital financial institutions and hundreds of the world’s largest consumer brands, while processing approximately $3 trillion in annual payment volume. Our reach, scale and distribution channels position Deluxe to be our customers’ most trusted business partner. To learn how we can help your business, visit us at www.deluxe.com.