Area Sales Manager- Payroll Services
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for new client revenue by converting prospects to the company as the payroll service provider of choice. Working within an assigned territory, the Area Sales Manager creates a prospect funnel using various methods (networking, referrals, and marketing campaigns among others), communicates the company’s value proposition to prospects and attains a high close ratio in line with company sales targets.
- Establish productive new client acquisition channels via prospecting in assigned territory
- Consistently meets individual sales targets in line with company revenue objectives and goals.
- Presents payroll product suite to final decision makers and end users in a format most suitable to client’s needs
- Using referral sourcing technique, schedules appointments visiting current and potential referral sources to fill in prospect funnel
- Prospects for new clients and new referral sources using phone, direct mail, email campaigns, networking groups, current client visits or other local marketing programs as directed by sales management
- Using consultative sales technique, analyzes clients needs & interests, effectively determines which products are appropriate and provides an overview and demonstration of the product. Creates a customer oriented value proposition.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends
- Understands competition, competition product offering and value proposition and effectively demonstrates comparisons and value of the product suite
Required: - Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- 2 or more years of commerce, marketing, or sales experience
- Team player with “whatever it takes to get it done” approach to work
- Above average communicator, proven ability to tailor communication to appropriate audience
- Above average” phone presence”
- Ability to work under tight deadline
- Demonstrated ability to use consultative sales techniques and high close ratio
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State payroll and tax laws
- Organized, with sense of urgency
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application suite
- Fast and keen learner
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: Yes
Employment Type: Associate
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More