Location: Shoreview, Minnesota
The Accounting Manager is responsible for applying and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial information. This role manages a team of 4 to ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This role navigates tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, account reconciliations, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, internal control compliance, and support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level positions which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Manage overall accounting functions and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close per GAAP accounting (i.e. reveue recognition).
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structures for non-integrated company-owned businesses (SAP and other).
- Maintain and continuously improve internal control procedures and compliance, including SOX process ownership
- Assist with financial statement audit activities.
- Monitor and analyze department work to increase team efficiency while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Collaborate with other finance department managers to support monthly forecasting cycle and annual operating plan.
- Supervise team to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide training and career development to new and existing staff as needed.
- Other special projects as necessary.
Required: - Bachelor's degree in accounting and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- SOX compliance experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Results oriented, driven leader that utilizes a collaborative problem-solving approach
- Executive presence including the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, direct reports and senior leaders
- Comfortable in a deadline oriented environment, working well under pressure
- Ability to build and lead a high-performing team
Preferred: - Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the succes of our organization...Learn More