Big Data Engineer
Req ID: 200802WD
The Big Data Engineer 5 role is responsible for developing solutions to acquire, curate, and make available enterprise data assets to be used in advanced analytic processes. The incumbent must have an advanced understanding of business domain data and how to effectively connect business data to enable advanced analytics. This person will also work closely with the Big Data Architect to perform R&D of new analytical processes and will mentor a team of data engineers to mature overall analytics and engineering capabilities.
- Works closely with business teams and various data domains to understand how to design connected data solutions to enable advanced analytics. Designs develop and implement complex Big Data projects and technical solutions in support of maturing business intelligence and analytic capabilities. Translates business requirements into innovative technical solutions.
- Heavy emphasis on automation, continuous process improvement, reusability, and streamlining data ingestion/curation processes.
- Mentor and guide team members to develop their technical competency and work with business partners to enable self-service capabilities to speed business insights.
- Provide ongoing operations and support for production systems to meet defined SLAs
- Research modern technologies to solve unique challenges.Defines standards and best practices for an end to end development lifecycle.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s and 5 years or HS/GED and 9 years
- 2+ years of experience in supporting and developing data ingestion solutions using StreamSets
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and developing data pipelines using Spark (pySpark)
- 6+ years of experience with Python
- 4+ years of experience with SQL Hive, Impala, Kudu
- Sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be able to work without the need of sponsorship now or anytime in the future in order to be considered.
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or Data Analytics
Experience: 6 years of IT Engineering and Analytics
- 8+ years of experience in any programming language to include education and professional experience
- 1+ years of experience with Cloudera
- 4+ years of experience in supporting and developing data ingestion solutions using StreamSets
- 2+ years of experience with Kafka
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Department: IT Architecture & Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe, employee development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More