Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Accounting Analyst role is a major contributor to the financial close process by bearing responsibility for various accounting processes and partnering with the business to ensure accuracy and efficiency. This role will also provide financial information to management by reviewing monthly general ledger activity, preparing journal entries, providing additional necessary analysis of the accounting activity, SOX duties and finance related projects as required.
- Analyze and perform balance sheet account reconciliations that involve multi-step processes and/or large amounts of data. Support the accounting area by completing various financial transactions and substantiations, including journal entries. Research and reconcile any financial discrepancies with supervision.
- Manage workload in tight-deadline, detail-oriented environment,
- Perform accounting functions for specified areas. Prepare and review journal entries for entry into the general ledger system on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs, and preparing audit transaction support for the journal entries.
- Complete ad-hoc financial related projects by coordinating the related tasks and researching any outstanding issues.
- Support government survey projects. Identify requirements and coordinate related tasks and information needed. Communicate clearly and effectively with all necessary parties.
- Prepare Sarbanes Oxley documentation as process owner. Perform related testing and communicate results through identified channels.
- Support the Finance & Acctg departments during all audit engagements including external and internal audits by preparing/reviewing all PBC’s (Prepared by Client).
Required: Education: Bachelors (or equivalent experience) in accounting or finance
Experience: 2-5 years of accounting or finance experience
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills with a strategic mindset
- Strong organization skills
- Able to collaborate across multiple levels of the organization with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with change and able to adapt
- Understanding of GAAP and able to understand and interpret financial statements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a commitment to documentation and process improvement for assigned areas
- Experience using SAP or similar ERP system
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Entry Level
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More