Information Security Engineer V
This position serves as a technical resource within the Security Architecture and Engineering team and is responsible for engineering and supporting key security capabilities to support the enterprise security strategies, architectures and solutions. Key focus areas include endpoint and cloud protections. The role is accountable for the deployment and maintenance of security technologies across the enterprise and ensuring that supported technology is consistent with existing standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Security Engineering
- Serves as security resource; implements security solutions based on designs provided by security architects
- Serves as subject matter expert on supported security systems and performs daily administration of assigned security controls
- Provides technical support to the Security Analysts in deploying new security systems or making modification to existing systems.
- Works hands on in support of technologies that support the corporation including, Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection, Data Encryption, Data Loss Prevention.
- Works closely with technical resources from other teams to engineer solutions that affect their endpoints
- Provides technical skills as part of a project team, serving as a resource on information security within the bounds of in-scope services
- Deploys corporate security systems consistent with company standards and enterprise architecture
- Maintains and expands knowledge in all security specialization fields
- Participates in a team environment, as well as works independently, in order to accomplish the work.
- Creates, manages, and participates in the analysis planning, design, implementation and maintenance of software and 3rd party products
- Provide operational and user training in the use of the new and modified hardware and software and document instructional or implementation guides as needed
- Supports specific hardware and software in support of unique security requirements
- Works with security architects to implement and deploy security capabilities as designed to meet specified requirements
- Works with security architects and security engineers on overall information security roadmap and design.
- Works with endpoint architects and engineers to design and deploy endpoint security capabilities
- Assists in the analysis of existing, new, and emerging technologies for appropriateness, fit and functionality
Technical Security Consulting
- Consults on a variety of security related areas with the focus on endpoint and cloud technologies.
- Creates and maintains a working relationship with business partners, business units, IT teams and vendors
- Works closely with IT teams to establish and operationalize solutions within the Information Security Framework
Required: - Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) Computer Science, Cyber Security or related fields
- 7-9 years of experience in Computer Science, Cyber Security or related fields
- Strong knowledge of modern endpoint security technologies such as endpoint protection, Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware, application security solutions, virtualization, Data Loss Prevention, host-based intrusion detection/prevention, host-based integrity checking, etc.
- Strong knowledge of endpoint systems and system administration, including Windows, Macs and Linux systems
- Knowledge of Cloud application security, including Office 365 security controls
- Knowledgeable of other security technologies such as network and, vulnerability assessment (including app/web-layer interrogation), DDOS protection, sandbox technology, Security Information Event Management, etc.
- Knowledge of security devices, networks and systems compliant with the requirements of a desired security posture or - Working knowledge of various information technologies and industry best practices
- Ability to take high level designs and implement technology to meet requirements and design
- Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers and management to develop solutions
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
- Customer driven to understand and appropriately respond to customers' business needs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Under general direction, identifies group level challenges, recommends and executes solutions. Solves considerably difficult business problems through effective use of financial, process and technology management while leveraging human resource management
- Is an expert at interacting with peers, teams, business partners, and management to influence and drive business decisions. Utilizes proper latitude and autonomy
- Has mastered the understanding of business complexities, problems or opportunities & applies expert knowledge, skills, & experiences to successfully manage project cost, schedule, and scope
- Has the courage to explore new or improved business functions. Accepts feedback from supervisors, peers and mentors while actively learning from failure. Expresses thoughts and opinions in a productive manner about improvements in business capabilities. Instills confidence in senior members of the team as well as formal and informal leaders.
Working knowledge in the following areas:
- IT General Controls methodologies, management and tools
- Process control design and testing methods
- Metrics development and reporting
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability Management
- System configuration and architecture
- Network Security
Core Values and Behaviors:
- Be Candid But Authentic & Sincere: Speak openly but professionally
- Be Intellectually Curious: Ask good questions, listen & understand, be prepared
- Strive to be the Best Version of Yourself: Own your career & development
- Act with Focused Velocity: Be responsive, time is critical
- Do What you Say You Are Going to Do: Be personally responsible
- Execute As One Team: Be collaborative, value diverse perspectives
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Department: Information Technology
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Mid-Senior
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
- Senior Project Manager Shoreview, Minnesota The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of professional service engagements. This role is accountable for ensuring the
- Senior Accountant Shoreview, Minnesota The Senior Accountant is responsible for the FS segment balance sheet and capital processes. Provides month end balance sheet actuals and forecast co
- Solution Architect Shoreview, Minnesota The Solution Architect will support the design and development functions for the Financial Services IT portfolio. The Solution Architect will be asked