Small Business Services CFOLocation: Shoreview, Minnesota Apply Now
Based in Minneapolis, MN and reporting to the CFO of Deluxe Corporation and the Senior Vice President and Head of Small Business Services, the VP, Small Business Services CFO (“SBS CFO”) will be responsible for all of the financial planning and control activities for the segment. The SBS CFO must have the ability to foster partnerships with the Senior Vice President (“SVP”) and Head of Small Business and his/her peers, and exemplify the company’s core values and principles.
The SBS CFO will need to quickly develop a command of the business, understand the drivers of profitability, and maintain an appropriate cost structure while delivering financial results. This role is a hands-on CFO position, where business partnership and a keen understanding of the operations within the business services and solutions space is essential. The SBS CFO must also lead the annual operating budget process, create a long range business and financial plan, propose solutions to challenges, and mitigate risk. Ultimately, the SBS CFO should be the SVP’s “go to person.”
In addition to the business segment responsibilities, this individual must work closely with the Deluxe corporate team, in the areas of accounting, annual budgeting and monthly forecasting. The SBS CFO must maintain ongoing dialog with the corporate planning team, and ensure that any significant change in sales, costs and expenses and capital outlook are immediately communicated. The SBS CFO must maintain a robust control environment, ensure that balance sheet reviews are done monthly in a thorough and consistent basis, and must work closely with the external and internal auditors in a professional and logical manner. The SBS CFO must also quickly begin to understand the various levers of the business and how those levers influence results. The SBS CFO will also take the lead in controlling SG&A spending, improving profitability, and take a leading role in evaluating M&A targets and managing due diligence efforts. The SBS CFO will further implement effective financial forecasting and management systems, and ensure continuous improvement in the generation of operating cash flow. The SBS CFO will further team with business and corporate resources to ensure timely and effective integration of newly acquired businesses or partnerships, and ensure proper processes and controls are established for effective management and performance against approved business cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the SVP to achieve sales and profitability targets – Drive the business to increased profitability. Be heavily engaged in ongoing business reviews and sales forecasts. Identify areas of concern and work with the applicable areas to improve performance. Engage the SVP as appropriate to help improve results. Respond proactively to challenges in the business and partner with the business unit leaders to explore solutions.
- Drive financial strategy and financial analysis – Provide strategic financial leadership and support on issues ranging from partnerships, heavy investment strategies, acquisitions, synergies, capital projects and long term financial planning. Prepare strategic analyses as to develop an optimal business plan and explore areas for growth and profit maximization. Continue to drive performance across the entire business in areas of organic growth, gross margin improvement and SG&A reductions.
- Lead the annual budgeting process – Take ownership of the global budget planning process. Provide leadership, targets, direction, timing, etc. to all areas of the segment. Coordinate annual reviews of the budget process with the SVP. Present the annual budget review to Corporate. The SBS CFO must have a comprehensive understanding of all items in the budget, be able to clearly articulate risks and opportunities and present the budget in a clear and logical manner.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial results – Oversee an accounting function that emphasizes strong internal controls, monthly balance sheet reviews, ongoing revenue recognition policies and procedures, timely reconciliations, and strong adherence to GAAP. In addition, ensure that SOX controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Proactively manage working capital – Ensure Small Business Services continues to improve its working capital metrics. Activities include driving improvement, gaining an understanding of processes and metrics, ensuring strong forecasting processes are in place, and fostering a culture that consistently looks to improve payment terms with vendors.
Identify cost take out – Across the entire organization, drive behaviors in an effort to achieve continual cost reductions through procurement activities and overall cost management. Also, identify opportunities to reduce SG&A to further reduce costs.
- Proactively develop and implement effective financial forecasting and management systems reflecting the differing conditions and drivers of the various businesses included within SBS.
- Utilize the annual incentive compensation program to drive performance – Actively engage in the target setting process across the segment that will ultimately drive the overall business to achieve its sales, profitability and balance sheet objectives. Ensure overall compensation structures and strategies fit within this framework. Drive performance and line of sight accountability down to sales leaders and product managers.
- Continue to improve the talent in the segment – Continually upgrade (hire, coach, and retain key talent) within the organization and foster a strong, fit-for-purpose finance group. Ensure the HR organization is supporting the segment, utilizing best practices for recruiting, and is actively involved in career planning to ensure the segment is attracting and retaining top talent.
Pre-Employment Screening: Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Executive
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
- Financial Analyst I Shoreview, Minnesota The Contract Pricing Analyst position will be primarily responsible for the creation of strategic Check financial offers for both renewals and acquisi
- Product Marketing Internship Shoreview, Minnesota The Product Management Intern will be assigned to special projects within the Retail Packaging Portfolio (bags, boxes, tissue, ribbon). This position
- Senior eCommerce Product Manager Shoreview, Minnesota This position will work on the eBusiness strategy and execution to drive new opportunities and improve upon existing conversion rates and revenue in o