Internal Platform Software Engineer
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
|Technical resource that designs, develops, supports software used to manage a system platform function. Responsible for developing and deploying integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed software applications within and across the enterprise. Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components. Brings in industry best practices in coding and source code management. Technical SME for onshore and offshore teams and mentors them with technical subjects.|
Required: Education: Bachelors (or equivalent experience) in computer science
Experience: 5+ years of software application design, development, and support for enterprise platform systems experience
- Has mentored junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models
- High scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability
- Has good hand on experience in .Net C# coding and Mulesoft.
- Working knowledge of IIS
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT, CVS etc.
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems SQL Server and Oracle) and production support
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server or another Relational Database is required
- Knowledge of computer equipment and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives
- Should be able to work on multiple projects on the same time
AODA: Deluxe Corporation and Deluxe companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with any part of the application or hiring process, please contact us at DeluxeCareers@deluxe.com
Department: Information Technology
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Associate
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More