Software Developer Senior
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Work closely with engineering management, product managers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing installed or SAAS solution for clients within the financial services industry.
- Work closely with executive leadership, product managers and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing SAAS solution for clients within the financial services industry
- Participate in discussions regarding new product development and product enhancements
- Develop and coordinate estimates for software defects, new features and enhancements that are included in service releases
- Provide engineering thought leadership as a practicing member of the development team
- Responsible for overall application framework and architecture
- Participate in high level estimates for proposed projects, poker planning for future features, and task estimates for software defects and features at sprint planning
- Contribute thoughtfully on issues surrounding the overall application framework and architecture
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- Computer Science or related field
- 8 years of experience
- 8 years in full cycle design & dev of .Net solutions
- Passionate advocate for and experience working within an agile scrum framework
- Communication skills both written and verbal both with technical and non-technical audiences (engineering, QA, and product management teams)
- Attention to detail and problem resolution skills
- RESTful APIs design and implementation experience
- High degree of proficiency with Xamarin
- High degree of proficiency with SQL Server and sub-components thereof
- High degree of proficiency in the creation and extension of relational database schema and DDL
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with common data exchange formats and approaches
- Awareness of and drive use of current best practices, toolsets, and common design patterns within the Microsoft .Net framework and .Net Core
- Awareness of and ability to leverage design patterns for common problems such as scalability, fault tolerance, etc.
- Technology and Toolset Stack
- .Net / C# - .Net Core 2.0, MVC, ASP.net, WebAPI, Visual Studio 2017, VSCode
- SQL (SQL Server)
- Toolsets – GIT, PowerShell, Docker, Jenkins exposure and understanding
- Testing – xUnit, Robot, jMeter - exposure and understanding
- Front-End Web - CSS / Bootstrap, Html 5 - exposure and understanding
AODA: Deluxe Corporation and Deluxe companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance with any part of the application or hiring process, please contact us at DeluxeCareers@deluxe.com
Department: Product Development
Remote Work Location: No
Employment Type: Senior
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More