Sr. Manager Professional Services Resource Management
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin
Responsible for assignment of all professional resources to each engagement based upon client needs and the skills, capabilities, experience, development needs, and coaching opportunities for each resource, as identified in partnership with Professional Services leadership. Partner with project managers to assure Professional Services resources are maintained at acceptable billable and productive utilization levels with maximum quality and efficiency.
Continuously seek opportunities to improve quality and efficiency in project delivery and resource management through interaction with cross-departmental partners.
- Facilitate project initiation activities for new order releases: send order confirmation to customer to identify possible schedule impacts; assign project manager and identify suggested project team members based on project scope and complexity, with input from PS Leadership, if necessary; and schedule and facilitate Sales to PS transition meetings for initial project kickoff.
- Develop and maintain the master resource schedule by monitoring project progress with project managers and partnering with cross-departmental resource managers to coordinate activities and resolve scheduling issues.
- Understand capacity of each individual and how to maximize the individual’s bandwidth. Provide input to individuals and leadership regarding techniques to create more bandwidth through efficiencies.
- Track, analyze and communicate billability and utilization rates to ensure that the business meets corporate goals. Prepare management recommendations and reports on usage, availability, and productivity.
- Seek opportunities and engage in efforts to improve quality and efficiency in resource management and related delivery efforts.
- Recommend work standards and improvements by studying operational requirements and methods, communicating suggestions to associates and leadership.
- Research opportunities to improve business analytics and processes related to resource management, allocation and utilization.
- Collaborate with Professional Services team to identify and implement improvement opportunities to increase efficiencies in existing processes.
- Regularly evaluate and compare planned/scheduled hours against actual resource time required. Work with project managers and Professional Services leadership to ensure effective assignment and alignment practices for proper capacity planning and baseline updates.
- Maintain awareness of implementation pipeline to plan resource assignments and assure all engagements can be met with high efficiency.
- Perform timely Epicor approvals ensuring accurate resource time submission, matched with scheduled efforts and utilization goals.
- Review active project completion estimates and new project pipeline on an ongoing basis to ensure that there is an appropriate set of assignment opportunities for each individual.
- Evaluate the pipeline to look for opportunities for each individual to match their goals, strengths and development needs to project requirements.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources, Information Technology, Computer Science
- 5-10 years relevant work experience
- Experience with resource-scheduling software is desired
- Application/Systems Knowledge (functional & technical) preferred
- Fundamental skills and ability to build effective and productive relationships with both clients and internal resources.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Department: Professional Services
Remote Work Location: Yes
Employment Type: Mid
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Shift Type: Traditional
Learn about Benefits
At Deluxe. Employee Development is a pillar of our culture. From mentorship programs to development plans and tuition reimbursement, we've got the tools to help you grow.
Affordable medical plans offering PPO, HRA, HDHP and Regional HMO style options.
Competitive 401k matching program with guidance on saving solutions
Deluxe will provide up to $5,250 per calendar year to full time employees that want to continue their education.
Between paid time off, floating holidays, paid holidays and the ability to work remotely in some of our positions, we place a strong value on providing a quality work/life balance.
100 Years, 10 Stories
Deluxe is perfectly positioned for growth and expansion as we head into our next 100 years, and that's because of our dedicated employees.Learn More
Learn About Our Leadership
Deluxe is led by an executive team and board members who play a vital role in maintaining the success of our organization...Learn More